Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What you (choose) to see, is what you (will) get....

What you (choose) to see, is what you (will) get....

The other day I went to the gym with one of my nephews, and we were working out doing the routine I created. Now I have been going pretty regular at it and the results are showing, and 

he has just started to join me, but after the workout, I caught him posing in the mirror and admiring himself on " how he is getting bigger and stronger and growing"

But who am I to judge, but to me, he still looks the same, which I am sure some may say that I do as well even though I am down from a size 40 to 36 and 39lbs away from where I used to be, and no longer a XXL, just an L. But the point is, in the mirror to himself, he saw a difference, and there was nothing that anyone could tell him, to change that perception.

The Bible says in Matthew 6:22-23; "Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!"

In other words, we have a spiritual vision of the world around us, and a practical vision as well, and typically we let the practical vision lead, instead of the rightful place of the spiritual vision leading. Our Spiritual vision is what helps us to see what God has for us, wants for us, and needs us to do from His point of view for our life. But just like the natural eye sight can become cloudy and blurry so can our spiritual vision by self-serving desires, greed, envy, and just not flowing in the things of God.

Today, if your perception of reality needs a spiritual shift because it is not looking like the things God promised you in your life, then clean your glasses by focusing back in on serving God with your whole, entire heart, not just the bits and pieces you don't want to get hurt. Serving God is the best way to restore your spiritual vision, and a good eye will maintain its focus on the Lord.

Be Blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment