Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's back to school time....

It's back to school time....

So James III, begins his quest towards Duke University, yeah I said it, my son will be attending Duke, and he has everything in him to make it happen. He made the choice in elementary school.

Thank you Lord for allowing me to see this day, because when I started middle school, my dad passed away, my kids don't have that to contend with.


I know most of the parents reading this are very excited. Does not matter if your child is off to college, high school, middle school, or daycare for the first time.

We all want the very best for our children, and as parents we should. I have four of the most awesome children God has ever created, and yes I am biased, but even if I was not, it would still be true. Th

e Bible says, "Train up a child in the way he should go [and in keeping with his individual gift or bent], and when he is old he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6 AMP)

I love the Amplified Bible translation because it reminds us not only to train them(our children) up in the way they should go, but it tells us to do so in such a way according to their individual gifts. Each child has a gift on the inside of them given by God to be used in fulfilling their purpose, and some times we lose sight of that part of his word, the individual gift.

Parents, I charge you today with beginning the school year off right. Focus not just on the basics of schooling, but learn and focus on your children's individual gifts. My children are naturally leaders, so I just have to remind them not to be followers, but what I charge them with is ever do important.

I tell my children everyday, set the example! Become the standard that everyone else shoots for.

Find something that motivates your children to exceed in the areas they are gifted in, and feed, water, and nurture it for their future, because I promise you, you will see the growth (Increase)

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment