Friday, May 28, 2010

The Love of God...Is it in you?

I Corinthians 13:4-8
I John 3:18

I was having a conversation a few weeks ago with a friend of mines about love, and what he said really blessed me and changed how I looked at love, especially the love I have for my family, unconditional love.

Remember your first childhood crush and telling him or her you love them? Back then, we had no idea what love was, and if you are like me, even now I am still learning today because it is a growing constant. But what was always the follow up question; why do you love me? And guys, I am sure you with me on this, we scramble to try to find the right answer to that question, but truthfully, is there a right answer? Imagine this, what if God had a reason for loving us. What would happen if that reason were to go away. His love for us would be limited by that reason, having conditions placed on it, therefore, if the condition were to change, then so would his love for us.

The Bible says in I Corinthians 13:4-8, 4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages[a] and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!

Love is either unconditional or it's not love. You might like someone conditional on their personality or behavior or circumstances. But love accepts no boundaries. So never say 'I love you because', for love has no cause, love comes from God because God is Love.  God has chosen to show us love every day.  Because of the love that he has for us is why we even have his grace and his mercy to be able to continue to love us without the thought of our actions, our disobedience getting in the way of that love.

Each day we have a unique opportunity to share and show the true love of God to everyone we meet, and most of us don't take advantage of that gift.  Today, try to exemplify the Love of God with everyone you encounter today, let them leave your presence, as you leave God's knowing that they matter, that they are loved, that there is more to life and the are appreciated.  We were all created for a reason, why not show the love of God as that reason!

God as we go throughout our day, let us be kind to one another
showing the Love of your son Jesus Christ to all we encounter
Let your presence with us fill them up and cause them to
seek your face, your truth and light,
in Jesus name.  Amen! 


Writen by JP Courtney
Thanks Justin

2 comments:

  1. I would just have to read this today after I flipped out on the phone with my car insurance company. Now I feel like I need to apologize for swearing at the guy. Damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so true!
    Thank you!
    In Christ living in Oregon

    ReplyDelete