Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Co-Signed....

Did you ever wonder why you get the grace that your receive, or the mercy that follows you? I can remember my first vehicle purchase, I had a lump sum of money from the inheritance from my parents, and it was not anything you could do to tell me otherwise. That is until I met with the dealer.

You see at the time I was about 18, had not graduated yet from high school, but thought I knew everything, just like most young folk. I had no job, no credit, but I had the money, and the dealer still had the nerve to tell me I needed a co-signer.

The act of co-signing involves a promise to pay another person's debt arising out of contract if that person fails to do so. In other words the reason that you have the grace and mercy, the reason that God does not unleash his full rage on you for your actions, is because Jesus co-signed the contract assuring your salvation. You ask how can this be, the bible says Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father, daily praying and interceding on our behalf that our faith will not fail. He co-signed for the loan. Jesus said, “The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” (Matthew 20:28). He co-signed the loan. Jesus credit was so good, he was even able to cover the multitude of sin for us all, and he knew no sin. He co-signed for the loan.

So if you ever stop to think how much the Father cares for you that He gave his only begotten son, so that we might have life and more abundantly, then you will know that your credit and nothing you could have done could cover the price that had to be paid, for the Bible says Isaiah 53:4-5; Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Jesus co-signed the loan!

No comments:

Post a Comment